Saturday, March 11, 2006

رجعت اخيراً (I finally came back)

Hey everybody. I realize I was seriously remiss in my blogging duties recently but here's the basic story: I went home, knowing that I was in danger of not having a visa to get back, but wanting to visit people and figuring I wouldn't enjoy myself here if I stayed. And I think it was a good decision, even though it turned out the way it did. And how did it turn out? Well, six weeks later I am back here in Saudi, and Mona and D tell me I really only missed two weeks of school. So, not a bad deal. I am working on registering as we speak, and hopefully by the end of the day I will officially be a student here again. Or, by tomorrow anyway. The way things are going, I think I'm going to take two classes, both Translation, in an attempt to get my Arabic writing up to snuff. I'm also going to hugely abuse all of my professors and try to get them all to correct things I write and translate. And talk to me.

A little surprisingly, I find I am really really happy to be back. Everyone is happy to see me, I passed Arabic last semester (with a D+!!) and I think I should be pretty easily able to find people to help me learn Arabic, if I can just keep up my energy. And I really need to. But the word on the street is that this semester will be a good one. Life is looking up. Also, I can dance in my room still.

SO..... that's about all for now. I'll try to keep more up-to-date.

Over and out.

No comments: