Thursday, June 26, 2008

Snow Globes!


I remember making a snow globe out of Fimo and a goldfish bowl for my little sister's birthday one year. I used to be such an amazing big sister....I wonder what happened?

Anyway, I was reminded happily of those days by a post on the Daily Dish which linked to another blog which linked to... well. Check it out. These snow globes were created by Walter Martin and Pamela Munoz and the results are... twisted. (They also make creepy little islands). I highly recommend going to the artists' website and looking at all of them. Here are some highlights.There will apparently be an exhibition of their work at the George Adams Gallery in New York City July 10-August 29. If anybody's in the area.... go!

Did anybody else read those amazingly creepy children's books by John Bellairs (and generally illustrated by the King of Creep Edward Gorey)? Who can honestly tell me that this doesn't remind them of that:

Check them all out. Freakin' amazing.

No comments: