Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Technorage!

Sometime this year I coined a term (that probably already exists somewhere, but whatever, I'm special, I made it up too) to describe that unique form of uncontrollable rage caused by malfunctioning technology. I don't know if other people experience this the same way I do, but I find that my technology-related wailing and gnashing of teeth is much more waily and gnashy than any other sort of wailing and gnashing. In fact, I think if I ever commit homicide (or hurl a computer out of a window), it will be because of this. If road anger gets its own special name, why not technology anger?

For those of you who are going to say "well, obviously you need a new computer/cell phone/ipod," I say no. My computer/cell phone/ipod has served me well, and I will not abandon it now in its time of need. I'll just fling it about the room once in a while when it misbehaves.

To everybody out there suffering from technorage, Bill Gates feels your pain. Or at least he felt your pain. And if he's using Vista, he's probably still feeling it.

No comments: